Be a leader who mentors and motivates others. Gain dive knowledge, supervision abilities, and become a role model to divers around the world.
What does the PADI Divemaster Internship look like?
The PADI Divemaster course is your first level of professional training. Working closely with a PADI Instructor, you’ll fine-tune your dive skills, like perfecting the effortless hover, and refine your rescue skills so you anticipate and easily solve common problems. You’ll gain dive knowledge, management and supervision abilities so you become a role model to divers everywhere.
The Haka Divemaster course is a 6 weeks internship. During this internship you get assigned to an instructor who will help you during this 6 weeks with being the best version of a professional PADI Divemaster. You will get the full experience by diving as much as possible and joining everyday our daily schedule.
The PADI Divemaster course teaches you to be a leader and take charge of dive activities. Through knowledge development sessions, waterskills exercises and workshops, and hands-on practical assessment, you develop the skills to organize and direct a variety of scuba diving activities. Topics and practical workshops include:
– The role and characteristics of the PADI Divemaster
– Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers
– Diver safety and risk management
– Divemaster conducted programs and specialized skills
– Business of diving and your career
– Awareness of the dive environment
– Dive setup and management
– Mapping an open water site
– Conducting dive briefings
– Organizing a search and recovery project and a deep dive
– Conducting a scuba review and skin diver course
– Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving programs
What are the requirements?
PADI Rescue Divers who are at least 18 years old may enroll in the PADI Divemaster course. You also need to have:
– Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (CPR and First Aid) training within the past 24 months.
– A medical statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
– At least 40 logged dives to begin the course and 60 dives to earn certification.
How to get started & what is Included in the PADI Divemaster Internship?
Contact us to enroll in the PADI Divemaster course. We can set up your starting date and get your Divemaster Crew-Pack once you arrive, which also includes other reference materials – like the PADI Instructor Manual and The Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving – that you’ll need during the course.
As a diving professional, Divemaster candidates are expected to have their own dive equipment. However, equipment rental is available at an extra charge.The Scuba equipment you can rent from us is:
– Mask + Snorkel
You should own also some parts of the scuba equipment that are not available for rent. However, we can help you to get them at discounted price in the retail dive shops we have very close to us:
– Dive Computer
– Dive Torch
– Surface Marker Buoy
The PADI Divemaster Intership is 6 weeks and includes:
– Unlimited Dives for 6 weeks
– Pool and boat fees
– Tanks and weights
– Environmental fees
– Lots of Fun!
* If you need to rent the equipment from us (BCD, Regulator, Fins, Mask, Snorkel, Wetsuit), the price is 12000 PHP for the whole 6 weeks training period.
* Course materials and certification fees are not included. PADI Divemaster Crew-Pak costs around 11,000 PHP
* After you successfully complete all your course requirements, we will send your Divemaster Application to PADI, who will charge a Divemaster Application fee (187AUD aprox) which includes the PADI membership for the current year. This is payable directly to PADI at the time of your application via credit card.